Customer Service Agent (Insurance) Job Description:
- Receives phone calls, emails and office visitors requesting quotes, changes to existing coverage and/or new policies. Completes applications or endorsements and collects premium when applicable.
- Responsible for gathering information and risk management recommendations for designated accounts.
- Receives and reviews request for policy cancellation to determine action to be taken.
- Perform special projects at the request of client.
- After reviewing updated client exposure survey information, obtains other renewal information for accounts.
- Actively seeks referrals from current client based to solicit new business prospects.
- Reviews existing accounts to determine if additional lines of insurance or increases in limits should be solicited. Solicits expiration dates for policies not written by agency.
Customer Service Agent (Insurance) Job Requirements:
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to influence others
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to obtain personal lines property and casualty insurance certificate.