The Manufacturing Engineering Technician assists with the implementation of HO Bostrom Company’s Lean Manufacturing goals and strategies for improving the operations and processes within the organization. Evaluates all continuous improvement activities and implements plans to optimize performance and processes.
Essential Duties/Major Accountabilities:
• Provide hands-on process improvement utilizing proven Lean methodologies, including training and support, for continually improving existing operations to increase quality, productivity, efficiency, and cost savings.
• Assist in identifying ways to reduce production inefficiencies through recommendations- i.e.: new processes, elimination of waste, machinery enhancements.
• Implement SMART visual metrics at selected Work centers in the company to measure and report progress to target outcome. Work with management and production teams to ensure the local visual metrics are current and include recommendations to improve the process to meet or exceed current targets.
• Maintain the HO Bostrom KPI Information Board, and periodic management metrics reports, to communicate status of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity, and 5S to all employees.
• Prepare and maintain Value Stream maps for product families as the basis for understanding the flow of materials and information, process and task duration, and waste.
• Perform process evaluations, including performing time studies, to validate cycle times and critique work station layout to support Takt time and cost targets.
• Work with other departments to determine estimated costs, run time, cost reduction and close the feedback loop.
• Work closely with management to determine and document the appropriate resource mix, both in labor and space, needed to accomplish the desired throughput of each product family.
• Plan and lead Rapid Improvement events.
• Assist management with creating and maintaining the HO Bostrom Operating System library of Lean training and tools.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred AAS degree in a technical discipline. BS degree in Engineering, Project Management, or related field highly desirable.
Desired Experience and Skills
• Minimum of 3 years successful lean implementation experience with proven record of sustainable results.
• Prior knowledge/experience with the Toyota Production System is preferred.
• Successful candidate will have prior knowledge and practical experience in a manufacturing/industrial setting with a strong focus in Lean Manufacturing operations.
• Job-related experience with LEAN Operating Model Deployment preferred.
• Proven ability to drive continuous improvement with identifying and eliminating waste using applicable tools and analysis.
• Strong coaching, facilitation and organizational skills with a strong track record of successful change management.
• Enjoys a challenging and fast-paced environment.
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
• Must be proactive, creative, and a hands-on change agent.
• Team building and rapid execution abilities.
• Self-motivated and ability to “think on your feet” when working and a “can do” approach to work.
• Self-Starter who can creatively drive continuous improvement on their own initiative with guidance as necessary.
• Strong analytical, mathematical, computer and basic business skills. Able to bring clarity and optimal solutions from abstract information.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Microsoft Office, Excel required. Database and MRP systems experience – Syteline preferred.
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org