Tax Accountant Job Description:
- Prepare individual tax returns (1040’s), Corporate (1020S), and partnership (1065)
- Collect Relevant financial records to include pay stubs and income statements
- Input date from financial records into tax return software/database
- Use applicable federal, state and local tax law to determine deductions and how much each client will pay or earn on the return
- Complete and file tax documents with appropriate agencies, like the IRS state and local government entities
**May be asked to assist clients with QuickBooks bookkeeping tasks**
Tax Accountant Job Requirements:
- Candidates should have at least a high school diploma or GED and completed coursework in tax preparation, accounting, bookkeeping, business finance and other relevant topics
- In-depth knowledge of applicable tax laws, regulations and deadlines.
- Proficiency with common tax preparation, word processing and QuickBooks.
- Familiarity with the tax return submission and confirmation process, including how to navigate the IRS and other government entity online platforms.
This is a temporary to permanent position. Hours are full time in tax season and flexible the remainder of the year.
WAGES BASED ON EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE.
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com