SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible to perform geometric dimensional inspections on received goods, first article, in-process and finished cutting tools. Work from blueprints, uses inspection equipment with minimal amount of supervision.
• Inspect to drawing specifications for accuracy and completeness.
• Use inspection equipment to measure tools for all parameters per Guhring Specifications and customer requirements.
• Inspect tools for visual defects.
• Perform measurement of tool geometry and characteristics.
• Document measurements including non-conformances on inspection report forms.
• Complete inspection reports per customer requirement as required.
• Consult with engineers and production personnel to acquire information as directed.
• Perform internal process audits as directed.
• Responsible for keeping area clean at all times.
Associates degree or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous experience in ISO Certified organization.
• Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Must have demonstrated proficiency in mathematics, blueprint reading, inspection techniques, use of callipers, micrometers and other inspection equipment.
• Must have knowledge of PC’s and Microsoft Office products.
• Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with customer, suppliers and fellow co-workers.
• Exhibits a positive “customer service” approach when interacting with internal and external candidates.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems typical of manufacturing processes (SPC, 5 why’s, Fishbone diagrams, flow charts etc.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; use hand to handle, or feel objects, tool or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close vision and color vision.
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com