Purchasing Generalist Job Description:
Completes a variety of administrative tasks and provides support to the Purchasing and Planning teams with a primary focus on Purchasing.
- Placing supply and MRO Purchase Orders and confirming delivery dates.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies and for maintaining central office/inventory system.
- Develop and publish various reports relative to Purchasing and Planning that measure progress against target metrics that include but are not limited to supplier cost reductions, continuous improvement initiatives, year to date spend and others upon request by supervisor.
- Participate in or perform vendor selection and perform vendor Request for Quote process
- Understands the day-to-day manufacturing planning processes through daily hands-on involvement with Customer Service, Master Scheduling and Production teams
Purchasing Generalist Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3 to 5 years related work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and use of computer.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Data driven mindset in identifying and prioritizing opportunities and issues.
About this Company
- Health, prescription, dental and vision coverage are available on your first day
- 100% match for the first 6% you contribute to the 401K you are immediately vested in
- 17 PTO days/year and 11 paid holidays/year
- Education Tuition assistance
- Training and Career Advancement within the organization
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org