The Production Support Technician is responsible for production equipment support and facility integrity to minimize disruptions that might interfere with fulfilling customer needs. Make cost-effective decisions and provide reports of results achieved.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Maintain Preventive Maintenance schedules and task lists for all production equipment
• Ensure Preventive Maintenance is performed on time and completely on production equipment and tools
• Maintain maintenance and repair history records on all production equipment
• Maintain a proper inventory list and on-hand quantity of consumable replacement parts
Machine and Tool Repairs
• Be the first responder to machine malfunctions and breakdowns
• Able to troubleshoot and isolate problems in electrical power circuitry (AC and DC), and in basic hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Able to assess whether in-house repair or replacement of malfunctioning parts can be performed safely and effectively, then perform the work required to restore system operation. Otherwise, identify the scope of outside resources needed to perform the work.
• Work directly with outside resources to schedule, coordinate, complete, and confirm major repairs.
• Able to make work-holding devices to enhance quality and productivity
• Investigate and correct issues with facility systems.
• Maintain a current Who-to-call list of contractors and resources
• Participate in continuous improvement activities
• Assemble, install, disassemble, relocate workstation equipment and furnishings as needed
• Maintain light bulbs, HVAC filters, door and window function, and general orderliness
• Ensure that regulatory requirements are performed and met for water and air discharge quality
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIRED
• Experience with basic machine shop equipment (lathe and milling machine, specifically)
• Able to perform repair welding (MIG required, TIG is a plus)
• Requires mathematical ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in fractional and decimal form, and calculate percentages and average.
• Capable of passing forklift certification test
• High School diploma
• Committed to safety in all tasks
• Able to fluently read, write, speak and understand English language.
• Ability to follow directions and to be a team player.
• High energy, driven and enthusiastic.
• Intermediate Computer Skills: Microsoft Word and Excel, database and MRP systems experience.
• This position requires the ability to sit, walk, stand, climb, stoop, bend on a regular basis.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Ability to push 200 pounds on a wheeled cart for 40 feet occasionally.
• Ability to pull 60 pounds on a wheeled cart for 50 feet occasionally.
• Good hand/finger dexterity required.
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Ability to bend and kneel as required to operate computer equipment and filing and retrieving paperwork.
• Hand-Eye coordination needed.
• Vision: Requires the ability to work up close on computers and reviewing spreadsheets, but also requires the ability to see at a distance to observe employees working in their positions and performing specific tasks.
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com