Grinder Job Description:
- Read blueprints for product specifications, such as dimensions, material type, material sizes, finish callout and material hardness, etc.
- Read manufacturing orders to determine polishing operations and staging of parts. •Remove burrs, sharp edges and clean parts.
- Stamp identification numbers on parts, as instructed.
- Select grade of abrasive belt, wheel, sand rolls or disk, according to specifications, knowledge of abrasives, and condition of metal, and attaches to various grinding and polishing tools.
- Polish heat treated parts to product smooth, consistent, unmarred surface and achieve specified finish.
- Work with items on bench, rotary table and lathe for rough and finish polish of work piece to remove scratches, tool marks, excess weld material, burrs and other defects from metal surface to produce smooth, consistent, unmarred surface and achieve specified finish.
- Effectively use the sand blaster to prepare part for final polish and finish sand blast parts to achieve specified finish.
Grinder Job Requirements:
- High school diploma with at least 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge and experience working with various ferrous and non-ferrous metals required. •Good math skills. Ability to maintain tolerance and finishes to engineering and manufacturing specifications
- Must be able to operate, but not limited to, the following tools: large angle grinders, small angle grinders, belt sanders, die grinders, orbital sanders, drum sanders and hand files.
- Operate assorted polishing tools and abrasives on surface of work piece to remove scratches, tool marks, excess weld material, sharp edges and burrs.
1st shift is 6:30-3 Monday -Friday, 2nd shift is 3pm – 1 am Monday-Thursday
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org